Mistletone is an independent label, tour promoter, booking agency and publicity company curated with devotion since 2006 by Ash & Sophie Miles.
- Ash Miles – founder / director
- Sophie Miles – founder / director
- George Beleznay – tour manager
- Lachlan Wooden – production manager
- Jonathon Bailey – designer
MISTLETONE TOURING ROSTER:
• Ariel Pink • The Bats • Beach House • Black Dice • Cass McCombs • The Chills • The Clean • Connan Mockasin • Dan Deacon • DIIV • El Guincho • Factory Floor • The Field • Forest Swords • Holy Fuck • HTRK • Jenny Hval • Jessica Pratt • John Maus • Julia Holter • Julianna Barwick • The Julie Ruin • Kelley Stoltz • Kurt Vile • Liam Finn • Matmos • Meg Baird • Mercury Rev • METZ • Michael Hurley • Nite Jewel • Parquet Courts • Perfume Genius • Ryley Walker • Sharon Van Etten • Toro y Moi • Vivian Girls • The Weather Station • Weyes Blood • Wooden Shjips • past tour details here.
MISTLETONE RECORDS ROSTER:
MISTLETONE is an independent label and touring company, established in 2006 by husband & wife team, Ash & Sophie Miles and based in Melbourne, Australia. Mistletone was launched into the world with the release of House Arrest by Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti, followed by Ariel’s first Australian tour. From those wide-eyed beginnings, Mistletone has grown into a thriving indie touring and events company and much respected label. Our mission (then & now): to work with music we love, treat people right, and give the musicians we work with total artistic freedom whilst we work in the background to facilitate the proliferation of their music & art out into the world.
Since 2006, Mistletone has promoted over 100 tours for artists such as Beach House, Kurt Vile, Toro y Moi, Parquet Courts, Sharon Van Etten, DIIV, Mercury Rev, The Julie Ruin, The Clean, Perfume Genius, Cass McCombs, Dan Deacon, Holy Fuck and many more.
Mistletone works closely with such great Australian festivals as Meredith & Golden Plains, Laneway Festival, Falls & Southbound Festivals, Sydney Festival, Sugar Mountain, MONA FOMA, Dark MOFO, Groovin The Moo, Melbourne Festival, Adelaide Festival, Brisbane Festival, WOMADelaide, Woodford and Perth International Arts Festival.
For the past two years, we have hosted the Mistletone Stage at Laneway Festival nationally. The Mistletone Stage at Laneway 2015 featured Beach House, DIIV, METZ, Purity Ring, Battles, Royal Headache, and more. The Mistletone Stage at Laneway 2015 featured Connan Mockasin, POND, Courtney Barnett, St. Vincent, Flying Lotus, Caribou, Future Islands and more.
- “The best bet on a hot February day was Mistletone’s curated stage, which faced an idyllic sloping lawn… The Mistletone stage boasted the most consistently engaging line-up, from Metz to Battles to Beach House” – BROADSHEET
- “The Mistletone stage is classic Laneway. While the festival has sprawled into the park around it, the Mistletone stage has, under a number of names, remained a constant at the festival… the programming on the Mistletone stage shared the same adventurous, indie-focused streak that defined the festival in its early days” – FASTERLOUDER
Mistletone is also well loved for our curated parties, from Summer Tones 2016 at Melbourne’s Abbotsford Convent featuring Kurt Vile, Meg Baird, Michael Hurley, Ryley Walker, Totally Mild & more; to Spunk Tones 2013 at Bangalow Hall near Byron Bay featuring Beach House, Sharon Van Etten & Jack Ladder; to Summer Tones 2009 with Dan Deacon, Rowland S Howard, Twerps and many more (just to name a few favourites).
The Mistletone Records catalogue of over 80 titles includes artists such as Beach House, Toro y Moi, HTRK, Luluc, The Orbweavers and many more. Our local roster includes some of the most respected and acclaimed artists to be found in the amazing musical community of our hometown of Melbourne and beyond.
Our in-house publicity company takes care of national media coverage for our touring and label artists, as well as doing external publicity & marketing campaigns for arts organisations, festivals and record release campaigns. We also run a boutique publishing company, a joint venture with Gaga Music. Our label is distributed by Inertia and our entire catalogue is available via mail order. Mistletone is not looking for any new artists right now. You can contact us here.
love & light,
ash & sophie
MISTLETONE IN THE PRESS
Labelled with love: an article in The Age about Mistletone & other good people of the Melbourne indie music scene
Label of Love: Mess + Noise article about Mistletone
No Deaf Ears: an article in Meanjin Quarterly (best new writing in Australia) about Mistletone + the Melbourne scene
The Band Next Door: interview with Sophie from Mistletone by 2SER’s Philippe Perez.